Our way of life changed drastically in 2020 as COVID-19 swept across the globe. New techniques and technologies have become a necessary part of ensuring patient safety in our clinic just as it has in all medical practice facilities.
To ensure the safety of our Marin and Sonoma County residents as well as our own staff while you continue to receive high-quality hearing care, we follow strict protocols and have added new services designed to limit physical contact and the risks of spreading infection.
We Offer Tele Audiology
One of the best ways to avoid spreading the infection is to avoid contact altogether. Our new Tele Audiology service provides a viable solution to times when self-isolation and other scheduling or travel challenges make a physical face-to-face appointment inconvenient.
Tele Audiology allows you to connect to your audiologist for a face-to-face consultation with your care provider using video conferencing linked to your smartphone, tablet, or computer in order to receive the same high-level care you would expect from an in-office consultation.
Take Advantage of Curbside Appointments
A second way we help to reduce exposure for our patients includes the use of curbside appointments. In a nutshell, our curbside appointments are just like other drive-through style experiences, but we provide you with hearing care rather than burgers and fries.
The services we are able to provide curbside include:
- Hearing aid clean and check
- Smartphone pairing
- Hearing aid fitting
- Hearing aid adjustment
- Hearing assessments
You just call us when you arrive, wait comfortably in your vehicle, and a member of our team will come out to assist you as quickly as possible, following our strict safety protocols.
We Follow Strict In-Office Safety Protocols
Our other services are designed to limit the need for in-office appointments. However, when coming into our clinic for certain services is unavoidable, you can still rest assured that we follow strict in-office protocols designed to ensure your safety, including:
- Pre-appointment Screening. Our pre-appointment procedures include monitoring the health of our team and we ask the same courtesy from our patients. If you have a fever or cough, we ask that you call us to reschedule your appointment and we will do the same for you if one of us is showing symptoms.
- Heightened Sanitation. Between appointments, we spend additional time to thoroughly clean all surfaces to ensure a sterile environment for every patient. This includes the use of Cavicide on all surfaces such as door handles, chairs, and any equipment we use.
- Hand Sanitizer at Our Entrance. We provide our patients with hand sanitizer as they walk through the door, and we enforce its use as a condition of entering and receiving service.
- Use of Disposable Gloves and Surgical Masks. To ensure your safety, the members of our team use disposable gloves and surgical masks. We change them before we see each patient as an added sanitation procedure and for your peace of mind.
- Minimizing Companions for Appointments. It is often necessary that someone accompanies our patients to their appointments. When a companion is recommended, we ask that you bring no more than one person when you come in for your appointment.
Your Safety Is the Chief Concern of Park Place Hearing
COVID-19 has changed our way of life, but your Park Place Hearing professionals have adapted to the changes because your safety is our chief concern. Using our Tele Audiology or curbside services to avoid in-office contact whenever possible is recommended, but when a visit to our clinic in San Rafael or Petaluma is necessary, you can rest assured that we follow strict protocols to ensure your safety.
Contact us to learn more about our services or in-office appointment protocols.